…and that’s the fourth session of work on the wings down. I now have the black and brown laid in on both wings; next week we start on the blues at the top, most likely. I’d been worried that I was mistreating the first serious chunks of color from last week and that they were flaking off, but Alexis looked at it and proclaimed them just fine. The skin’s kinda opaque now but she assures me it’ll be less so once it’s all settled down.
Nick had come along, so afterwards we had dinner at the pizza place next door, which ended up being pretty damn good. I got quite tizzly off of just one beer; I’m such a lightweight. He was originally going to stick around tonight and take off early in the morning for a trip to his parents, but double checking bus routes after getting to my place made him decide to go back home and lean on the housemates for a lift to the airport. Ah well. At least he petted me a lot before taking off.
Meanwhile, earlier today I processed all the pages for the Rita collection and got them into InDesign, complete with gloss. It ended up being less trouble than I was afraid it would be. And I think my page process in the future is going to involve generating the TIFFs for the print volume right after I generate the GIF that I post, so that I never need to be a human batch processor on fifty-something pages again. At least not until I move on to the next story with a different page size. If all goes well with drawing the sponsor pics tomorrow, I should have it ready to go to press in a couple of days – I might even have books at Rainfurrest.